A host of enriched features and functionality provided in Zetron’s updated CAD system improve the ways public safety agencies are able to collect and use incident information. This results in faster, more accurate responses to events and improved incident management.
Redmond, WA, U.S.A., March 18, 2016 – Zetron, a leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions worldwide, announced that the new release of its computer-aided dispatch (CAD) system offers a range of new capabilities that improve the ways public-safety agencies obtain, use, and track incident information and resources. These improvements include:
- Enhanced incident handling and incident management. New capabilities allow users to: access information based on incident role; link incident-management records; detect duplicate incidents; clone incidents; and view incident information by agency.
- Support for multiple database operation. Provides mirrored duplicate databases, background database synchronization, and automatic database failover.
- Interface support for next-generation ALI standards.
- Improved National Crime Information Center (NCIC) search capabilities, including query by person, vehicle, article, boat, or gun.
- Enhanced resource management that improves how incident resources are assigned and controlled.
- Improved location validation. Includes search for location by name, intersection, or previous incident locations.
“Our updated CAD system improves agencies’ ability to obtain and apply incident information and resources,” said Zetron V.P. of Product Management, Gary Stidham. “This, in turn, improves the speed and accuracy of their response as well as their ability to manage, associate, differentiate, and report critical information—both during and after an incident.”
Zetron has been designing and delivering communications systems for mission-critical control room since 1980. Zetron’s integrated solutions combine IP-based dispatch, NG9-1-1 call-taking, voice logging, IP fire station alerting, CAD, mapping, video surveillance and security solutions, and automatic vehicle location (AVL) systems. They are expandable, interoperable, and able to support remote and geo-diverse operations. Zetron backs its products with technical support and project-management services known for their expertise and responsiveness. Zetron has offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and numerous field locations; and a worldwide network of resellers, system integrators and distributors. Zetron has installed thousands of systems and over 25,000 console positions worldwide. Zetron is a wholly owned subsidiary of JVCKenwood Corporation. For more information, visit: www.zetron.com.Download PDF