- Under limited supervision of the Engineering Manager or Lead Software Engineer, serve as a senior engineering resource that is responsible for assisting in the design and development of complex, mission-critical applications and systems.
- This position does not have any managerial responsibilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under self-direction, design and develop new features within existing products and systems.
- Perform system analysis, design and development of limited-scope projects and/or subsystems.
- May guide or perform the creation of system analysis and functional specifications as they relate to enhancing existing products and systems.
- Mentor junior members of the engineering group to ensure that they are continuing to advance in their design and development skills.
- Provide detailed task estimates for small to medium sized projects
- Guide or perform the work necessary to resolve complex issues within existing products and portions of new designs.
- Work within the standard product development design control procedures for testing and manufacturing of software-based products and systems.
- Propose design changes and resolve known issues within emerging and existing products
- Integrate prototype technologies into existing products
- Assist in the development of interface prototypes and concept screens
- Ability to perform work functions with a consistently high degree of efficiency, thoroughness, accuracy and follow-through.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong process documentation.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Ability to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, plan work to accomplish goals, and schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to travel internationally
- PC’s and associated software development, system modelling and work productivity tools.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- A history of at least 5 completed projects demonstrating firm knowledge of full software development life-cycles. Must have advanced knowledge related to the creation of system analysis and requirements specifications. Advanced knowledge of two or more of the following disciplines: C/C++, VB, Delphi, C#, .NET, COM, SQL, network programming, cross platform development, Microsoft Windows, Unix, UML or equivalent. Requires advanced knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented analysis/design and system modelling.
Education & Experience Required:
- Engineering skills as would be acquired with a BSCE, BSCS or BSSE.
- Minimum five years of advanced software development experience.
This job description is designed to outline the primary functions and qualifications of this position. This definition does not limit the employee or Zetron to just the areas described. It does not identify all tasks that may be required or address performance expectations, nor does it limit Zetron from changing the content.