We are looking for a Projects & Operations Technician to join us in our Australia office.
The Project & Operations Technician is responsible for the day to day assembly, testing and support including technical training of systems as directed by the Operations Manager. The incumbent will also have daily contact with the Projects Manager, Project Engineers and other technical staff. In addition, this position is to assist in projects staging, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT) and site works, customer technical support and product training as required. Travel to client locations (domestic & international) shall be required to ensure Zetron’s systems are installed and commissioned to meet all client requirements.
- To provide technical services for, the assembly, testing and support of systems and sub-assemblies; as required by the Operations and Projects Departments.
- To provide installation services for Zetron systems.
- To provide ongoing support services for Zetron communication systems.
- To provide customer training for Zetron products.
- Technical Support Accurate and timely technical support to customers and internal staff including presentation of training courses as required.
- Technical liaison providing information to Engineering department acquired through advanced troubleshooting to identify and resolve design, reliability, and/or maintenance issues.
- System Testing, Assembly, Configuration & Upgrades: Accurate and timely system assembly and testing including the reporting of faults as required by the project documentation as well as performing system software/hardware upgrades & configuration of system parameters per system design specification.
- System Testing: Accurate and timely testing and recording of test results as required by test procedures or as instructed.
- System Support: Accurate diagnosis of faults and repair of these faults in production or customer systems.
- Documentation: Prepare repair reports. Maintain repair and calibration registers. Assist in the preparation of test procedures. Maintain as-built system documentation.
- Inspection of in-coming equipment: Assist in performance of the QA inspection procedures.
- Miscellaneous: Estimate times as required for various tasks. Provide positive input to improve Zetron products. Assist as required with production and assembly. Perform other duties as assigned by Company.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Intellectual: Formal qualifications as an electronics/communication technician. Ability to read and assemble/construct customized equipment from engineering diagrams, blueprints, and schematics. Proficient in the use of test equipment such as telephone simulators, service monitors, digital multimetres (DMM), and oscilloscopes.
- Skills: PC, server and networking experience. Knowledge of communications systems (i.e. telephone systems and radio systems). Cabling and looming standards. Server setup and configuration. Demonstrated experience with Business Analysis tools, including strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Experience: At least 5 year’s relevant experience. Must have an ability to understand both analogue and digital circuits. Diagnose and troubleshoot faults in complex systems. A background in a communications environment would be advantageous.
- Personality: Friendly, accurate and dedicated. Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills. Ability to work independently on several tasks simultaneously.
- Communication: Ability to clearly describe and discuss issues and solutions with both internal technical staff and external customers. Prepared to share knowledge with others. Demonstrated experience in external customer interaction (training/support).
- Other: Must be willing and able to satisfactorily pass background checks as required for entry to a customer site.