Estimated reading time: 5 minute(s)
Recently recorded for the IWCE Virtual audience, Zetron’s video Tech Talk provides answers to important questions on integrating Mission Critical Push-to-Talk (MCPTT) with Emergency Communications Centers (ECCs). We’re now happy to share this insightful content, delivered by MCPTT subject matter expert Randy Richmond, as a Z-Wire vlog. Scroll down to view on YouTube.
Interested in Mission Critical Push-to-Talk technology? Curious about what the technology will offer ECCs in contrast to LMR? Wondering what challenges are ahead for integrating MCPTT into existing ECC technology infrastructure? Do you regularly wear a propeller on your head? Ok, just joking on the last one, although fair warning that this is content intended to cover various technical aspects of MCPTT and ECC integration.
So, if it’s technical answers you’re after regarding integrating MCPTT with ECCs, this video is a must and gets straight to the point (in less than 15 minutes):
1) How do the capabilities of MCPTT compare with those of LMR?
2) What is MCPTT Group Management, and why is it useful?
3) Can I upgrade an existing LMR console to do MCPTT?
4) Can an MCPTT console do LMR-to-MCPTT integration?
5) Is there an advantage to integrating MCPTT with GIS and CAD systems?
6) What about the MCPTT vendor’s dedicated MCPTT console?
Enjoy the vlog and be on the look out soon for the second part of this mini-series where we’ll tackle more technical questions regarding MCPTT in ECCs, and other mission critical communications technology topics.
By: Randy Richmond
Want to know about new posts? Subscribe today and receive periodic alerts on what’s new on the Zetron Z-wire blog!