Responsible for identifying opportunities and selling state-of-the-art integrated communication console technology for mission-critical applications in the public safety, transportation and utilities arenas throughout defined territory in EMEA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achieves assigned sales goals through identification and evaluation/qualification of prospects and leads, contact with and establishment of customer, dealer and reseller relationships, research and analysis of needs, effective presentation of solutions, and closure of deals.
- Maintains relationships with customers, dealers and resellers by providing support, information, and guidance; researching and recommending new products, features and capabilities; and/or recommending service improvements.
- Responds to customer, dealer and reseller inquiries with professional and timely written and/or verbal communication.
- Develops and maintains an in-depth knowledge of company product lines, features and capabilities, and industry trends, applicable markets and competitors.
- Establishes and maintains industry contacts that lead to sales through phone calls, meetings, participation in trade shows and other marketing events.
- Develops and maintains relationships with OEM customers.
- Follows up with customers on Requests for Quotation (RFQs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs) and Requests for Information (RFIs).
- Conducts research to determine customer needs and develops/delivers customized sales presentations to address solutions.
- Recommends strategies for sales improvements and marketing initiatives based on market information/research and competitor analyses to increase brand awareness, product presence and revenue generation for all company products.
- Communicates regularly with management on status of sales, and provides monthly forecasts, weekly activity reports, customer sales reports and all other reports as requested.
- Provides input to Product Management/Marketing to help identify coming needs and trends, new markets, features and product opportunities.
- Provides consistent and periodic pricing analysis.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly, including internationally and extended periods averaging up to 50% of time.
- Performs all job function in accordance with established company processes and procedures and in compliance with safety policies.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Extensive travel, approximately 60-80% of the time (overnight and internationally)
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Understanding of and proficiency in technical sales process.
- Strong working knowledge of and ability to prepare and/or assist in the preparation of technical and commercial responses to RFQs, RFIs and RFPs.
- Confidence and experience in a customer facing role, preferably using business-to-business consultative selling with professional organizations.
- Proficiency in conducting presentations and technical demonstrations of products to customers, dealers and resellers in a variety of settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills with ability to relate to, influence, and persuade customers to successful order closure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately.
- Excellent presentation skills with ability to speak persuasively and negotiate effectively.
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, complex technical problems or issues.
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively in multi-lingual, multi-cultural situations.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to think creatively and pro-actively.
- Good working knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint).
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass a drug screen or other security screen as required by customer.
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly, including internationally and extended periods.
- Must possess and maintain valid Driver’s License; driving records must be maintained in good standing, and must be able to drive on a regular basis as part of fulfillment of job responsibilities.
- A proven track record in a sales environment, operating in Europe.
Experience and Education
- Minimum two (2) year degree in Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Sciences or in related area required; four (4) year degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a complex technical systems sales role.
This job description is designed to outline the primary functions and qualifications of this position. This definition does not limit the employee or Zetron to just the areas described. It does not identify all tasks that may be required or address performance expectations, nor does it limit Zetron from changing the content.