- Support the planning and implementation of product development and support projects in accordance with PMO team process and company policies
- Provide project teams and stakeholders with up-to-date, high-quality information about current and forecast project performance, including variance against plan
- Manage impediments to project progress, and business risk. Strive for continuous improvement of process.
- Review and control project expenses, in keeping with company policy
- Produce project management governance products (dashboards, gate reviews, etc.)
- Foster an environment that helps project teams perform to their full potential
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist and work closely with Product Owner/Technical Lead(s) during critical initial stages of a project to identify and capture milestones, deliverables, activities and scope.
- Provide management team with cost and schedule estimations and offer suggestions to support decision-making.
- Elaborate project plan highlighting important milestones and deadlines.
- Facilitate periodic meetings with project team and monitor progress against project plan.
- Identify blockers to project progress and manage actions to remove or mitigate.
- Track and communicate project progress, on a monthly basis, to internal customers and relevant stakeholders via approved dashboard template.
- Prepare and present formal presentations via Gate Reviews to provide project status information to project team, internal customers and stakeholders.
- Track and monitor project risks via the active maintenance of a risk register.
- Ensure ownership and action plan are defined and tracked for all risks.
- Communicate any high-level risk that may pose a threat for the successful delivery of a project to the management team.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated Project Management experience
- PMI PMP certification is an asset
Experience and Education
- Demonstrable understanding of Industry-Standard PM practices (PMBOK) and tools (MS Project, Excel)
- Experience in standard engineering tools such as JIRA, Confluence, ADO
- Experience managing Agile and/or Waterfall projects
- Experience managing diverse, high-performing teams
- Excellent multi-tasking, problem solving, and communication skills.
This job description is designed to outline the primary functions and qualifications of this position. This definition does not limit the employee or Zetron to just the areas described. It does not identify all tasks that may be required or address performance expectations, nor does it limit Zetron from changing the content.