Under direction of the Sr. Engineering Manager or Lead Software Engineer, serve as an engineering resource that is responsible for assisting in the design and development of complex, mission-critical applications and systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and develop innovative new features for the next generation of public safety products.
- Design and develop the visual experience for high performance, time sensitive applications.
- Develop complex interface prototypes and concept screens.
- Perform use case analysis of a problem space and develop corresponding storyboards, interface mockups, flow-diagrams, wireframes, visual design comps, paper and electronic prototypes as needed to communicate designs to the rest of the team and company stakeholders to ensure that products and systems meet or exceed expectations.
- Create visual design specifications necessary for communicating the intended user experience.
- Work with cross-functional teams (product managers, engineers, customer service, and marketing) on various applications, user flows, and visual design projects.
- Propose design changes and resolve known issues within emerging product lines.
- Work within the standard product development procedures for software-based products and systems.
- Mentor junior visual developers in the skills of UX/UI design and implementation.
- All other related duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to develop software based on the Microsoft Windows® platforms using Visual Studio, Blend, and other development tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently.
- Have a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Ability to prioritize, plan work to accomplish goals, and schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to adapt and respond positively and effectively to change, delay, and/or shifting priorities and goals.
- Ability to take feedback constructively and iterate on designs and ideas from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions
- Strong technical understanding and proficiency in the following areas: .NET Framework 4.0, C#, WPF, XAML and LINQ/XML.
- Passion for user experience (UX), (UI) user interface, and usability
- Knowledge of user experience and workflow management.
- Knowledge of the MVVM pattern and/or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proven success completing projects demonstrating knowledge of the complete software development life cycle.
- A passion and commitment to providing life-saving software solutions to the public safety community.
Education & Experience Required:
- BSCS or BSSE or other bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Minimum of seven years of software development experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of UI / UX, graphic, and visual design
- Or any combination of experience that provides equivalent expertise
This job description is designed to outline the primary functions and qualifications of this position. This definition does not limit the employee or Zetron to just the areas described. It does not identify all tasks that may be required or address performance expectations, nor does it limit Zetron from changing the content.