Responsible for providing technical support and training to customers, partners, resellers and Zetron sales team on Zetron products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide pre and post installation technical support to Zetron channel partners and customers primarily on all Zetron products
- Manage on-site customer installations.
- Develop and deliver customer-specific training programmes.
- Investigate, diagnose, report and provide solutions to customer problems and/or escalates issues to management/ engineering as required.
- Carry out customer acceptance testing, including system build and test, documentation of test plans and results, recording of as-built configurations and customer training.
- Support factory product test activities as requested.
- Participate in pre-sales activities as directed, including assisting customers in product selection, providing technical product information to Sales, etc.
- Organize and maintain accurate and up-to-date project and QMS records and files, including fault records, test result sheets, configured records and technical documentation as required by projects and QMS. Also includes organization and maintenance of time reporting records.
- Provide weekly report of project status, progress made and areas of concern ensuring accurate records are maintained.
- Investigate and repair returned products, including initial review/diagnosis, repair, and/or redirection of product to factory.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of customer support activities, actions and commitments on the eFO Customer Support system.
- Travel both internationally and domestically as required in performance of duties.
- Comply with and support all company policies, procedures and processes.
- Required to perform the job functions in a safe manner.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to travel overnight and internationally.
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Good working knowledge and understanding of radio and telecom systems
- Good working knowledge of IP/Data networking
- Knowledge of Server 2012, 2014 & 2016, SQL and Linux (CentOS) would be an advantage
- Ability to apply sound judgment and troubleshooting skills in resolution of technical problems
- Ability to successfully and efficiently perform multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in conducting technical product trainings, demonstrations and presentations to customers, business partners and resellers in various settings, including customer sites, trade shows, etc
- Good verbal and written communication skills, with ability to convey information clearly and accurately
- Good listening and problem-solving skills with ability to determine solutions to, and answer questions related to, moderately complex technical problems or issues
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, unstructured environment with high level of initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to think creatively and pro-actively
- Deep-rooted customer service ethic
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment
- Good working knowledge of and proficiency with a variety of word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software (MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Willingness and ability to successfully pass a drug screen or other security screen as required by customer
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally and/or domestically
- Good working Windows operating systems such as XP, 7, 8.1 & 10
Experience and Education
- HNC/Degree qualified
- Experience in a technical and engineering support role
- Experience in at least two of the following areas: conventional and/or trunk radio systems, radio/telephony control room systems, digital radio system and/or data networks
This job description is designed to outline the primary functions and qualifications of this position. This definition does not limit the employee or Zetron to just the areas described. It does not identify all tasks that may be required or address performance expectations, nor does it limit Zetron from changing the content.