Unlike normal low-cost computer speakers, Zetron’s speakers are specifically designed for mission critical applications where reliability, ease of use, and voice fidelity are important.
Premium grade components are housed in an attractive yet rugged enclosure to optimize the reproduction of two-way radio voice-band communication. An individual volume control eliminates the confusion caused by the stereo balance control found on standard multimedia computer speakers. A high visibility call indication LED on the speaker instantly identifies the source of audio.
Whichever option you choose you can be confident that the Zetron Communications microphone has been designed for mission-critical radio communications. Unlike public address or paging microphones this mike has been designed from the ground up for dispatch center use. The stable base with highly reliable switches is matched with your choice of gooseneck and capsule combination.
Speaker Features and Configuration
- Machined aluminum enclosure for stable desktop use
- High quality driver allows clear full 5-watt output at maximum volume
- Resonant cavity is tuned for optimum response at voice frequencies
- Balanced transformer input accepts line-level audio and eliminates troublesome ground loops.
- Large smooth-action volume knob for predictable adjustments
- LED confirms speaker is powered ready for use
- LED Call Indicator is triggered by the presence of an audio signal
- LED Call Indicator is not affected by the position of the volume control
- LED Call Indicator permits users to visually identify the source of incoming calls in multi-speaker (Select/Unselect) systems
- Operator cannot reduce volume below a technician-adjustable preset minimum volume level to prevent missed calls
- Operates from 12 volts DC to allow elimination of clumsy “wall bugs” in system installations
Microphone Features and Configuration
Available with a either a generic capsule on a standard-duty gooseneck or a Shure noise cancelling capsule on a heavy-duty extended length gooseneck.
- Machined aluminum base enclosure for stability
- Red Double-wide TRANSMIT pushbutton,
- White MONITOR pushbutton
- Long life switches rated for 50 million cycles
- Always-live microphone output allows for parallel PTT footswitch
- Isolated and balanced output (Mic+ and Mic-)
GENERIC GOOSENECK MICROPHONE
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Dynamic microphone cartridge
- Frequency response: 100 to 12 kHz
- Sensitivity: -52 dBV / Pa
- Impedance: 600 ohm
- 8.5” gooseneck
SHURE GOOSENECK MICROPHONE
- Shure 503BG Cardioid dynamic noise canceling capsule
- Smooth frequency response with excellent fidelity in the voice range
- Close-talking operation keeps unwanted signals and background noise at low levels
- Constant output over voice spectrum when close talked
- Humbucking coil minimizes undesirable hum effects such as CRT interference
- Low-impedance (170 ohm) design permits long cable runs in extreme hum fields
- Frequency response: tailored to communications use (100 Hz to 7 kHz)
- Sensitivity: -61.5 dBV / Pa
- Longer 12.5 inch gooseneck for optimal positioning